Tough Coat Wipe-on Poly -GLOSS
$19.99 — Sold Out
Perfect for those high traffic surfaces such as table tops. Our non-yellowing water-based wipe-on sealer, is easily applied with a damp lint-free cloth and dries to a GLOSSY finish.
500ml covers about 75 sq.ft (7 sq.m).
- Be sure to gently mix your Tough Coat prior to using it as the matting agent and other ingredients may settle to the bottom. If applying to a recently painted surface, allow 12-24 hours of drying time before applying. For best results, use with a damp lint free rag and apply two coats 2-4 hours apart. In humid areas, longer drying times may be required.
- Do not shake vigorously as this will cause air bubbles in your piece that are difficult to remove once applied.
- Do not use on medium to darker colours as it will show streaks, this is water vapour trapped within the tough coat and is visible on dark colours in particular. Should streaking occur, you can simply apply the paint over top and leave it as is. This is known as the “Tough Coat Sandwhich”. It has paint first, then Tough Coat, then paint and it is beyond durable! This is only recommend for very high traffic surfaces.
- Clean up is easy with soap and warm water.
- Use the “Natural” colour Stain & Finishing Oil (All in One) as a substitute to avoid streaking and to provide an extra durable strong top coat over Fusion Mineral Paint over high traffic areas like kitchen cabinets or table tops, even flooring!